Our December update covers the following:
- in India the Haryana State Employment of Local Candidates Act 2020 will take effect on 15 January 2022 in the State of Haryana. The law will require private sector employers to reserve 75% of jobs with a monthly salary of less than INR30,000 (approx. USD$400) to local candidates – read the update here.
- practical tips on managing compliance with the new Personal Information Protection Law in the PRC
- key considerations for employers in Hong Kong in transitioning a long term absent employee back to work
- our Compliance Check focuses on non-binding guidelines on flexible working in SIngapore
- our Asia Comparative Article compares the rules on workplace discrimination across Singapore, Hong Kong, the PRC, Indonesia and Thailand. This may be particularly relevant given that our Future of Work Report 2021 identified that almost half of employers surveyed globally plan to differentiate pay between remote and office-based workers.
We ended the year with some reflections on how the world of work has changed and considered key emerging triggers for workplace activism in our webinar on the Future of Work report.
In the new year, we will be delighted to kick off a four-part Health and Safety webinar series which will focus on trends, duties, liability and mitigation strategies in the workplace health and safety space across the region. Register here for Episode 1: The Health & Safety Scene in Asia.
2021 has been a challenging yet exciting year for the team. We are proud and honoured to share that we continue to retain our Band 1 ranking on Chambers & Partners (Employment: International) for Singapore and were awarded the inaugural Labour and employment Team of the Year award at the Legal 500 Southeast Asia Awards 2020/2021.
As always, please do reach out if we can assist with any of your employment law needs across the region.